- He received his dental degree from the Piracicaba Dental School/ Campinas University in 1995
- He completed his Master (1999) and PhD (2002) programs at the same university
- He is the Coordinator of the Master of Science Programs of Implantodology and Periodontology at São Leopoldo Mandic Dentistry Research Center in Campinas, where several researches are performed under his mentoring
- He is also a professor at the ImplatePerio Institute – research and advanced dental training, in São Paulo, and is author and co-author of several scientific publications and chapters in textbooks with emphasis on periodontal tissue management around teeth and implants
- He is one of the authors of the books “Aesthetic Tissue Reconstruction” (2009) and Esthetic Perio-Implantology (2015)
Scientific area: Perio-implantology
27 of november, from 14h30 until 18h45
The reconstruction of the hard and soft tissues around implants is important for asthetical and functional aspects. The constant evolution of plastic and regenerative techniques provides good chances of recreating a favorable anatomical environment for properly placing the implants in accordance with the prosthetic planning.
In the first part of our lecture, we will discuss clinical scenarios related to the management of fresh sockets and healed ridges, and present treatment alternatives seeking aesthetical excellence.
In the second half of the lecture, the focus will be on how to address functional and/or aesthetical complications of already osseointegrated implants, and help the clinician to decide when to explant and when to preserve the implants.