- Master and PhD in Prosthodontics at State University of Campinas-FOP-UNICAMP (State University of Campinas-Sao Paulo), Brazil
- Advanced Post Graduated Program in Prosthodontics at New York University College of Dentistry – USA.
- Teaching Fellow, Department of Prosthodontics– NYU College of Dentistry (1996-97)
- Editor in Chief of Jornal of Clinical Dentistry and Research (JCDR), Official Publication of SBOE (2016/2018)
- Member of the Editorial Scientific Board of QDT (Quintessence Dental Technology Year Book- 2010/2018)
- Director of the Advanced Program in Esthetic Dentistry, SENAC University, Sao Paulo, Brazil, since 2004
- Assistant Professor of the Advanced Program in Esthetic Dentistry – ILAPEO (Latin American Institute for Research and Education in Dentistry), Curitiba, Brazil
- Private practice emphasising Implant and Restorative Esthetic Dentistry
- Lectures in more than 20 countries speaking about Esthetic and Implant Dentistry
- Articles and book chapters published in Portuguese, English, German and Spanish
Scientific area: Fixed prosthesis
14 of november, from 14h30 until 19h00
Laminate ceramic veneers and conservative crowns, named “full veneers” are treatment options for aesthetic and functional restorations, and have been more and more utilized by clinicians as a predictable type of rehabilitation procedures for anterior and posterior dentition.
When bonded to enamel these modalities of treatment allow clinicians to obtain a long-term stable result. Using current laboratory techniques associate with a strict clinical bonding protocol is possible to deliver very thin restorations, with minimal loss of dental hard tissue.
However, two special issues must be addressed: teeth preparation and material selection have an important role in clinical longevity, because many times dentin is already present and may drastically change the approach. This presentation will show how dental occlusion may affect those factors, changing the way we plan, execute, deliver and control an Oral Rehabilitation.