- Specialist in Oral Surgery by the Portuguese Dental Association
- Master in Dental Medicine from the School of Dental Medicine, Unversity of Lisbon
- Assistant of the Department of Oral Surgery and Medicine at the School of Dental Medicine, UL
- Postgraduate in Implantology at the School of Dental Medicine, University of Lisbon
- Postgraduate in Periodontology by the Institute of Health Sciences Egas Moniz
- Exclusive private clinical practice in oral surgery and periodontology
Scientific area: Medicina oral
16 of november, from 12h00 until 13h00
Orofacial pain is a debilitating condition that, according to some authors, affects more than 80% of the population at least once in life. The dentist is a key element in your diagnosis.
Thus, the purpose of this conference is to provide knowledge in order to identify painful conditions such as trigeminal neuralgia, burning mouth syndrome, persistent idiopathic facial pain, among others. The classifications, the diagnostic algorithms and the protocols of action will be described. The evaluation and treatment of nonodontogenic orofacial pain sometimes requires the involvement of a multidisciplinary team.