Minimally invasive approaches for surgical pocket elimination
- Full Professor and Chair, Periodontology, School of Dentistry, University of Ferrara
- Director, Research Center for the Study of Periodontal and Peri-implant Diseases, University of Ferrara
- Director, Dental Clinic, University Hospital, Ferrara
- Dean, Dental School, University of Ferrara
- President, Medical School, University of Ferrara (2014-2016)
- Past President of the Italian Society of Osseointegration (2007-2009)
- Active member of Italian Society of Periodontology, Italian Society of Osseointegration, International Association for Dental Research
- Editorial Board member for the Journal of Clinical Periodontology, Journal of Dental Research (2018-2021), member of the Peer review panel for the Journal of Periodontology
- Private practice limited to Periodontology and Implantology
Scientific area: Periodontology
14 of november, from 09h30 until 13h00
During the course, novel techniques and technologies aimed at surgically eliminating the residual bleeding pockets following non-surgical treatment will be thoroughly illustrated. In particular, conservative approaches for osseous resective surgery will be clarified, and specific emphasis will be given on fiber retention ORS, single flap ramping and controlled bone recontouring as surgical approaches designed to effectively reduce PPD and BoP with limited to no sacrifice of periodontal support.
Also, a simplified technique, namely the Singe Flap Approach, to regenerate periodontal attachment at deep intraosseous defects will be described. Potential and limitation of this procedure when combined with different regenerative technologies will be outlined with clinical cases and surgical videos.