- PhD in Dental Medicine at the Faculty of Dental Medicine, University of Porto
- European Master Degree in Oral Laser Applications
- Master of Science in Lasers in Dentistry at RWTH Aachen University
- Mastership Laser Therapy in Dentistry at RWTH Aachen University and Aachen Dental Laser Center
- Invited Assistant of the Discipline of Operative Dentistry at FMDUP
- Owner and Clinical Director of the Laser Institute of Dentistry
Scientific area: Hands-On | Laser in dental medicine
16 of november, from 09h30 until 19h00
Nowadays the laser technology is a key tool in the dentist’s office.
The laser correctly applied, allows to provide innovative treatments in all specialties of dental medicine, both soft tissues and hard tissues, namely in the treatment of cavities.
It presents several advantages, such as less need for anesthesia and suture application, more conservative treatments, bactericidal effect, and less painful postoperative.
- Laser – History and Definition
- Laser light properties
- Laser interactions with tissue
- Programming the laser parameters
- Laser Safety Measures
- Contraindications and Precautions for Laser Use
- Clinical application of laser in dental medicine
Practice with diode laser and Er:YAG in samples.