Dr. Sergio Kuttler received his Dental Degree in 1978, from the Universidad Tecnologica De Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico.
He was in practice of General and Pediatric Dentistry for a number of years.
In 1984 Dr. Kuttler received his Endodontic Certificate from the University of Southern California. He has been involved in academics since his graduation from USC, and practicing exclusively Endodontics.
His major areas of scientific research interest include the performance of nickel-titanium endodontic rotary instruments, 3 dimensional obturation of the root canal space; root canal irrigation and restoring endodontically treated teeth.
Dr. Kuttler is a world-renowned endodontist and internationally recognized lecturer, he has presented over 250 national and worldwide courses and lectures (U.S., Central and South America, Europe, Asia).
He is the author of numerous scientific papers published in peer-reviewed journals, and contributor author in an endodontic text book. He has served on several editorial boards of journals (JOE, AME, ADM, ENDODONTIC TOPICS, ROOTS).
Dr. Kuttler is former Chair of the Endodontic Department and presently Professor Department Of Endodontics and Assistant Dean For Advanced Education Programs at Nova Southeastern University, College Of Dental Medicine in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
He also practices exclusively Endodontics in the Faculty Practice at the University. When Dr. Kuttler is not practicing, teaching, or learning Endodontics, he likes to travel.
Science area: endodontia
2012-11-09 14:30 - 2012-11-09 19:00
The field of endodontics is still experiencing a virtual explosion of new techniques, instruments and materials. How many of these will stand the test of time is yet to be determined.
Many manufacturers’ claims and existing guidelines for selecting a NiTi file system are:
- Based on contemporary authors and lecturers
- Often unsubstantiated
- Anecdotal based on clinical experience without scientific approach (evidence based)
The Limitations Of Existing Guidelines are:
- Do not take recent research into account
- Do not discuss goals or predictable methods for obtaining clean canals
- Emphasize importance of instrument sequence to shape root canals radiographically for obturation
- Based on philosophies limited by constraints of previous canal preparation instruments / techniques
After this lecture course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the ability of a single file system over multiple files systems in preparing canals without procedural errors
- Understand the objectives of canal instrumentation and how to achieve these objectives with one single file NiTi system based on research
- Know the advantages of one single file NiTi system over other ones
- Understand that science needs to direct education if endodontics is to be taken seriously